Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Motivational Monday- Shake It Off

Last week we decided to begin our lyric wall.  I wanted to paint the lyrics from Crosby Stills and Nash's, 'Our House' on our living room wall from top to bottom.  It had graced my to do list for over a year and I was ready to take the plunge.

I wanted the imperfections of words scribbled in a journal, but not so much it looked overly sloppy.  We taped off lines and I jumped in, writing out the words with a pencil, the hub then going over it with paint.  I knew within one line it was disastrous.  I tried to warn the hub that I already knew I would hate it, but he insisted we continue on, in the hopes it would all come together in the end.
As you can see from the final photo (above right) my hatred for the wall won out and we repainted the wall.   

With that being said, we will be tackling this wall again, more optimistic then ever! We will learn from the experience and cross our fingers that the second time is more successful.  

Sometimes, we just have to shake it off.  Shake off the feeling of failure or inadequacy, in the hopes that the process made us more capable for the next time around.  Shake off the irritability from having to start over and spend more time and energy than we had originally planned for.  Shake off the lack of motivation, and kick ourselves in the ass, to finish what we have already started.  

On this Motivational Monday, shake off whatever may be keeping you from making this day your own!  Shake it off, and know all things can be better then ever!
                                

No comments:

Post a Comment