Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Guest Blogger- BBQ Chickyyyyy with SS Ash

BBQ Chicken in a crockpot. Yum!!

This has become a fast favorite for my family. So simple and easy to make (I am kicking myself for not making this a lot sooner!). All you need is a crockpot, chicken breasts and your favorite BBQ sauce. I will also suggest some crockpot liners, they are a lifesaver!

First gather your ingredients:

4-5 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (I use frozen)

1 12oz bottle of your fave BBQ sauce

2 Tbsp of brown sugar (optional)

1/2 Cup Water


Mix everything but the chicken together, until well blended. Add frozen chicken, just make sure they all get some sauce on them, even if they are not immersed right away. They will be later once they have thawed. Crank up the heat on the crockpot to high for 2-3 hours. Want to cook it slower? Put it on low for 5-7 hours.

After the chicken is cooked through, you can either remove it from the crockpot to shred, or if you are skilled at shredding while in the crockpot, do that. I always seem to tear the liner when I shred it in the crockpot. Put chicken back into crockpot, and make sure to stir, getting all the yummy sauce throughout the chicken.

Grab your most favorite buns (mine are gluten free), pile the BBQ chicky high, and enjoy!!

-Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment