Pages

Monday, March 31, 2014

Motivational Monday: Forgive Yourself

This previous weekend I missed a good friends kiddo's birthday party.  More specifically, I got the date wrong.  It was for twins, so it was double the mistake.  I berated myself for forgetting, and I cried in her ear.  I felt extreme guilt, despite her repeating to me how much of a big deal it WAS NOT.  I felt truly awful, although it was an honest mistake, and pretty minor in the grand scheme of things.  They turned six, and will most likely not remember this birthday.  Even if they do, I'm sure my presence is not what would stick out in their minds (although I am pretty awesome).

I woke up in a funk this morning, after a stressful weekend and the above mentioned oversight.  I desperately scavenged for coffee, and had no clue what my blog post would be about.  As I now sit down to write, I am  readjusting my attitude and reminding myself that I am a human with human flaws.  I will forget things much larger then a birthday party, and that is okay.  I will say the wrong thing, act the wrong way, and make many mistakes as I continue to navigate life.  That means I am living, and learning, and growing.  On this Motivational Monday, I am forgiving myself for the tiny hiccups that happen along the way, because they aren't a big deal!

Today, and everyday, I encourage you all to give yourself a break.  Life is hard, and adulthood is a dirty little bitch, that nobody warned us about!  Forgive yourself for mistakes, make sincere apologies, and move forward with a lesson learned.  
The sun will shine brightly on us this Monday afternoon (if it's gloomy in your area, I apologize, but I am stoked about our spring day!!), and let your soul shine with it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment