Pages

Monday, April 28, 2014

Motivational Monday: Fight The System

As we grow up and life smacks us in the face, we are forced to take on responsibilities and mature.  That can mean a variety of things, but typically it includes paying our bills, following a schedule/routine, and making difficult decisions.  Youthfulness is often sacrificed for what is right and what is necessary, but that can sometimes leave us feeling that our sparkle has been dulled.  I currently work a full time, 9-5 job, as well as have two children, a home and a husband.  I am extremely grateful for that schedule, and each and every one of my other adult blessings.  On the other hand, I often feel the need to defy these systematic guidelines that have been put into place.  I often miss my ability to be spontaneous, and disregard the consequences of my actions.  While I am grateful I have the ability to assess the repercussions of my choices, I often yearn for the youthfulness that was seemingly invincible.  

On this Motivational Monday, I want to remember that within us all is a youthful flame that continues to burn.  It warms our soul, and is just beneath the surface.  It may be hushed at times, but it is not gone.  Each and everyday provides the opportunity to do something a little bit crazy and a little bit unexpected.  Within daily routines and responsibilities there are moments presented to fight the system and spread your wings.  Capture these moments, embrace them, for they are what will kindle that tiny flame within your soul. 


  Share these moments with those closest with you!  Whether it be your kiddos, who could use the lesson that age is just a number, your spouse or your best friends.  Spread the moments of spontaneity and disregard for consequence (although, by consequence I mean getting a splinter while frolicking barefoot, not stealing a car!).  Let us know about a moment you fought the system, and spread  your wings!  Do you make an effort to find these moments?  Share Share Share!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment