Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

For Yourself Friday: Mad Dash Makeup

I am a full coverage kind of gal myself.  It is my security blanket, and without makeup I feel pretty naked.  With that being said, there are definitely days where full makeup is just not in the cards.  Sometimes I am in a mad dash to get out the door, which is where the three minute face comes into play.  This simple and quick face refresher takes under three minutes and uses four products that every girly should have in their bag of tricks!  Here is my naked face.
The first order of business is concealer.  This helps to cover any dark circles or bags you may have, as well as cover wrinkles.  In addition, it brightens which makes you look refreshed!  I use Maybelline, Fit Me Concealer.  It can be purchased at almost any drug store and is under $10.  It can be used with or without foundation, and is long lasting.  


  Apply under the eye, on the brow bone and between the brows to highlight.      
Take a selfie, or in my case a war paint mug shot :-)

Then apply a bronzer of your choice.  I use Rimmel, Natural Bronzer.  It has a very subtle shimmer, so you look vibrant but not shiny or glittery.  It can also be purchased at most drug stores, and costs around $6.
I then apply mascara.  Everyone loves a good lash, but falsies are not doable as you are dashing out the door.  Grab your fave mascara, apply several coats and watch your eyes pop!  My current mascara choice is Maybelline, The Colossal.  It doesn't clump, and makes your lashes look nice and long.  It runs for around $8.
The final touch is a your favorite lip gloss. It rounds out and completes this simple and quick look!  

From start to finish this takes me under three minutes.  I even timed it to make sure!!

The specific products you use are entirely personal preference as well.  I have used a variety of products, ranging from under $10, up to over $75.  At this point in my life I cannot justify spending $35 on concealer, but I try to find the best drug store dupes!  

On this For Yourself Friday, try out the mad dash makeup.  Let us know how it goes!  

Do you have a mad dash makeup routine?  What does it entail?  Try out the under three minute refresher and let us know how it goes.  Post a pic!  Share the products you use!  







2 comments:

  1. Wow! What a difference! I've never done a quick application because I never knew what to apply and what to leave off! Thanks so much! I can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Secret Sister SocietyApril 21, 2014 at 3:33 PM

    So glad it was helpful!! Let us know how it works out!!!

    ReplyDelete