Pages

Friday, February 14, 2014

Guest Blogger: UnValentine's Day


February 14th, a day many people hate.  A Day of pictures being posted to social media, “look what I got!”  “Isn’t my (insert bf/gf/so here) the greatest/sweetest/best?”  I am one of those who don’t look forward to this day.  It is just another day for me.  Wait, you’re married aren’t you? Yep.  Wait, you have kids don’t you?  Yep.  But to me showing love and appreciation for my loved ones is an all year around type thing.  I don’t just shower them with love on Vday.  Yeah they will get something, but they get special treats several times a month.  Went a whole week without having any kind of potty emergency or accident?!  ICE CREAM!  Mossy started walking? New baby gates! (which let's face it, that’s for us, his parents, not for him. ha!)  My point is, don’t just show people who you love, not talking just family here, that you love them on one day a year.  Reach out to others and show them every chance you get.  I am challenging myself, as well as you to show your love more in everything you do.  

Tonight I am going to make sure my little girl and I do something special together.  Maybe do a craft, or make her most favorite dinner. I want to make sure she is aware of my love for her, by being there for her.

Tell me how you are going to challenge yourself.  I can’t wait to hear!


-Ash

2 comments:

  1. We don't celebrate either, we celebrate obscure holidays throughout the year and make them special to us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never really celebrated Vday... but my parents offered free babysitting, so we are going out to dinner tomorrow. I will take a date night - holiday or not!

    ReplyDelete