Pages

Friday, February 21, 2014

For Yourself Friday- Swept Away

I'm sure many, if not all of you, have been exposed to the world of Pinterest.  It is straight forward, and fairly basic, but I have come to discover can be used in a variety of ways.  Everyone I know has different intentions and styles when approaching Pinterest.  I have narrowed it down to the following Pinterest Styles:

1.  The Window Shopper:  This person looks at Pinterest...alot...but does not pin much, if anything.
2.  Bipolar Barbara:  This person pins the least healthy recipes that exist within this universe, coupled with highly motivational workout shiz.
3.  Get In, Get Out:  This person is equivalent to the get in and get out shopper.  They know exactly what they are looking for, pin it, and get the heck out.  They may be planning a specific event, but they do not peruse much of anything else.
4.  Hoarder Hayley:  This person pins anything and everything that catches their eye in the slightest, with no intention of ever following through.
5.  Craft it Carol:  This is the doer, who pins the recipes and crafts and then follows through.

The final Pinterest Style I have is what I want you ladies to try on this 'For Yourself Friday'!  I like to call it the Swept Away Swooner.  It is when you utilize the search bar to create an oasis on your screen to get lost in.  Some of you may already do this, but from what I am hearing, this is not as common as I would've thought.  I choose words that return results that I can swoon over, and get lost in.  It is not in the intention of pinning, creating, planning, motivating, etc.  My sole purpose is to be swept off my feet, and taken away to another world.  My go to search words are :
Gypsy Soul 



Ethereal:



Bohemian



It may take a bit of time determining which words render the best results, but play around with it and see which words take you away.  Figure out what feeling you are looking to solicit, and tap into that!  Get lost in an enchanted forest, walk on a sandy beach with your toes in the sand, or jump from the highest of waterfalls! 

Are you alrelady a Swept Away Swooner?  If so, what are your go-to search words?  If this is your first time trying this approach, what words did you try out, and which were the best?  Did you like this Pinterest Style?  LET.US.KNOW!!

Lindsay





No comments:

Post a Comment