Pages

Friday, June 6, 2014

Summer Bucket List

Summer will officially kick off on June 21st and I am excited. As a 'grown up' a lot of things can dampen the excitement of summer. School/childcare/kiddo arrangements can drastically change throwing a wrench in everyone's schedule. Vacation plans and preparation can be really stressful. The humidity and bug scenario can overwhelm any backyard BBQ (especially if you live in the midwest!!). It is important to remember the magical aspects of summer that we intrinsically feel as a child. Making a summer bucket list will help bring the bliss back to your summer, and help you embrace each and every hot and sticky evening!

The very process of creating a family bucket list, or a list for each kiddo, is a great activity to do together.  It's an opportunity to talk about goals, adventure, and purpose.  You can write a list, type a list, or do an art project with kiddos to make it a fun process and hang it up within the house.

Your bucket list can include day to day activities, vacation plans, recipes to try, feelings to experience, etc.  Make it personal and specific to your family.  Think outside of the box with the goal of looking back on summer with pure fulfillment!

Here is our 2014 Summer Bucket List  
Have you created a summer bucket list before?  If you create one (or already have) for this summer, let us know what's on it!!  Share away!!

2 comments:

  1. My bucket list for this summer:

    -Magic House (already done per request of my oldest the day after he got out of school)
    -Visit all the pools we've been invited to!
    -FINALLY go see my friend's band play somewhere
    -Utilize a babysitter more since my husband is gone a lot over the summer. This childcare mama needs a break from the precious angels sometimes.
    -Learn to fish. Don't laugh at me. I grew up in So CA and was never taught.
    -Learn to shoot my husband's shotgun.
    -Take the kids to visit my BIL and his family up in Fairview Heights once a month. Family time and cousin play dates are the best.
    -Go camping.
    -Henna my hair. (I always push this off for ages longer than I mean to.)
    -Get some flowy cotton gauze skirts and seriously rock them around town all summer.
    Tie Dye Party with my family and friends. Last year this was a rather small affair, but my kids LOVE it and everyone keeps asking if they can come. Big dye kit come to mama! Buy all the blanks!
    -Read at least one good book for every summer month.

    This may or may not be a comprehensive list. I was making it up as I went along. LOL I'm sure I missed a few things.
    Leslie Wiseman

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome bucket list!!! There are more then a few on their I can definitely get on board with!! Enjoy your summer!!

      Delete