Pages

Friday, June 27, 2014

DIY Dry Shampoo

Within the past year I was introduced to the glory that is Dry Shampoo.  It is a convenient and simple solution for any girly who has oily hair, or for those who do not wash their hair daily.  I am the latter, opting to wash my hair every other day, at the most.  Pre kiddos this didn't seem to phase my locks, but after babies I have noticed my hair to be much more oily.  As I began to utilize Dry Shampoo I found myself annoyed that I could see it in my hair, and would have to put in some effort to get it to really blend in.  If you have never used Dry Shampoo, it basically soaks up the 'greasy' look, but at the expense of leaving a baby powder type substance on those of us with darker hair.

With summer upon us, I am even less inclined to want to blow dry and style my hair, in the hopes of avoiding sweating before 8am!  Therefore, the Dry Shampoo look is absolutely essential.  With that necessity came the desire to have a more color practical option.  I stumbled across a DIY recipe for dark hair, and thought I would give it a go.

DIY Dry Shampoo (For Dark Hair):

2 Tbsp Cornstarch
2 Tbsp Cocoa (I used dark chocolate, because my hair is almost black)
Dash of cinnamon

Gently mix together the above ingredients.

  Using a large makeup brush blot and brush the powder onto the crown and root area of your hair.  Be sure to avoid your forehead, because the cocoa can leave you looking particularly sun kissed!  

After making and applying it, I was a very happy customer!  It took me approximately 3 minutes to mix and apply, and I instantly saw results.  It smelled yummy and was basically free since the ingredients were things I found in my cupboard.  Obviously the super cool container is a requirement!

Do you use Dry Shampoo?  Have you ever made your own?  If you try it out, let us know what you think!!

1 comment:

  1. Bonus! It probably smells amazing too!! ;)

    ReplyDelete