Pages

Friday, May 2, 2014

Here's to Strong Women

I have recently experienced some minor struggles at work.  Without getting into detail, I have been on the receiving end of some passive aggressive critique.  It has taken me several years within my field, but I finally feel extremely confident and skilled in my abilities.  Despite that belief in myself, the recent issues have weighed heavy on my heart.  Work hostility is so toxic, and I knew I could not let it fester and continue to negatively impact me.

After some serious self reflection, extensive discussion with the hubs, and my SS army I decided to address the issue head on with my supervisor.  The feeling is exhilarating and empowering.  Knowing that I have identified and overcome a hurdle that is difficult for any to address.

On this For Yourself Friday, I encourage each and every one of you to assert yourself.  For some this will be easier then others, but I challenge you to stand up for yourself.  Is there something that has been stewing within your soul, negatively impacting your state of mind?  Are there certain behaviors or actions occurring within your life that you are not okay with?  Take the reins within your life, and sting back.  Sting in the most fierce, confident, but mature and kind way.  Rally the troops, and determine the best way to get the best results.  Discuss it with a friend, significant other, parent, etc.  

My job does not define me, but my thoughts and my behaviors do.  In order to maintain thoughts and behaviors that I am confident in, I need to ensure that each piece of the puzzle is placed accordingly.  I need to ensure that what defines me shines through in each aspect of my life, and that I am asserting myself as much as a situation warrants.  


Do you assert yourself often, or are you less confrontational?  Let us know if there is a situation you want to hit head on, and let us know how it works out!!  Share Share Share!


No comments:

Post a Comment