Pages

Friday, May 30, 2014

For Yourself Friday: Sass That Do

Okay, for those of you currently in SS, you know I had big plans for a blog devoted to some fun hairstyles.  After several frustrations along the way, I will be sticking to other peoples expertise.  I have not cut or trimmed my hair in over a year, and I have been using baby wash as shampoo for a week since I haven't made it to the store to buy more.  I am CLEARLY no guru in the hair department!  Alas, I do know a good Do when I see one, and I can spot a attainable one from a mile away.

Here are my top three simple styles that are great for summer.  Each can be worn for a day at the beach, or a night on the town.  All can be worn up OR down, and all are super simple looks to achieve!!

1)  Middle Part:

I used to DESPISE the middle part.  It has been on a hiatus for quite some time, but it is definitely making a come back.  You can go for a more sleek look

or texturize it a bit, depending on the vibe you are going for.
With the middle part, you can do a low or high ponytail, braid, or bun.  It is super versatile and can be worn both casual or dressy.

2)  Pomp:
The pomp is fun, flirty, and a little bit of a throwback.  

It can also be worn with almost any hairstyle as well as can be more dramatic depending on how much height you give it.  
3) Exotic Bun:
Okay, buns in general are really in the forefront in all things fashion these days, and the messy/texturized top knot seems to be getting all the love.  It's sister, the slicked back bun, deserves some serious street cred as well!
Unlike the top knot, the slicked back bun doesn't have quite the same effect if it is positioned too high on your head.  I would opt to go super low,
or somewhere in the middle.
This look just screams for a night out salsa dancing!  Add a great red lip, and you will be CALIENTE!!

Let us know if you try out one of these three looks!  Share a pic, and let us know what you think.  Do you already style your hair this way?  Share Share Share!!

No comments:

Post a Comment